13 foods you need for shiny long hair
An hair is a pigmented filament of keratin which grows from a follicle on the skin of humans and other mammals.
Just like the other parts of the body you need to take proper care of your hair not only by plaiting,cutting and using conditioners but by taking food good for shiny hair.
Note that the hair has underlying nerves and glands ,hence it respond to whatever care you apply for/on it.We all want that natural shiny long hair especially ladies but then what are you doing to get it?
If your hair is dull and not shiny,there are several factors that can contribute to this,some of them include:
3.Reflection of Ultraviolet ray
5.Smoking & drinking
6.Unhealthy lifestyles etc.
Why does an hair looks shiny?
When an hair received enough nutrient to make it glow and lustrous such as fatty acids,zinc,iron etc,the outer cuticle of such hair will reflect light and it appears shiny to the eye.
What food are good for shiny hair?
Any food that will make the hair shiny should be rich in fatty acids,iron,zinc and vitamins .
Here are 13 foods you need to take regularly for healthy shiny hair and skin.
5.Chicken & Turkey
13.Oils such as argon oil,castor oil ,black seed oil and coconut oil
- Mackerel : This is an edible fish of the family Scombridae, often speckled.it is rich in Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids essential for shiny hair.it can be prepared in any of your preferred method (smoked,boil or fried)
- Salmon :it is one of the several species of fish with pinkish-orange color when cooked ,salmon is rich in vitamin B12 and iron which are suitable ingredients for shiny hair.
- Shrimp: this is one of the sea foods rich in fatty acids,vitamin D and iron making it a suitable food for shiny hair
- Eggs:They are rich in biotin notable for giving hair lusture look,it can be fried,boiled or applied directly on the hair.
- Chicken & Turkey : These meat are chewy and tasty ,however they are also good for the hair as they one of the 13 foods for shiny long hair
- Carrots: have you heard of carrot good for vision? This is so because it contains vitamin A which suitable for good sight but the good news is that carrots also contribute to the shiny hair if you eat them on a regular basis
- Banana : yummy,succulent,soft and edible …get yourself a bunch as they contribute to the shiny hair you’ve always wanted
- Green tea: your idea about tea is that they calm the nerves,flush toxins and boost your immunity,however what you missed out is that if you want a shiny hair.get yourself a cup of green tea daily , you can also wash your hair with it.
- Dark chocolate : they say ‘get chocolates to make yourself happy’ that’s not all what chocolates can do for you,they are also rich in vitamin B,protein and iron all suitable for shiny hair. next time you are eating chocolate,just know you are getting yourself a shiny hair in return!
- Sweet potato: They are rich in vitamin A and carotene suitable for healthy hair
- Tomatoes: they are berries good for the skin and hair.Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and lycopene
- Avocados: These are fruits rich in antioxidant,fibers,potassium and magnesium contributing to a shiny long hair
- Organic oils:oils such as castor,coconut,black seed and argon oil not only make the hair longer but also give it lustre
Ways to prevent dull and unhealthy hair
1.practice healthy habits
2.Avoid eating junks
3.Quit drinking and smoking
4.Make use of sunscreen regularly
5.Manage stress properly
6.Eat fruits,vegetables and balanced diet on a regular basis.
You don’t need to waste money on hair creams,bizarre conditioners that would only damage your hair scalps and make it worst,try to get the foods below for lustrous hair as well as avoid habits that can give you poor hair.
You can like,post and comment
No part of this article may be edited,copied without the permission of the author