Taking minimal or large quantity of alcohol tends to affect the body in such a way that metabolism is complicated. At such a host of diseases can result from prolonged alcoholism.
Some of them include:
1. Diabetes Mellitus : Alcohol is break down to sugar at the end and this can lead to diabetes Type 2
2. Cancer such as Breast cancer, liver cancer, colorectal cancer, oesophagus cancer etc. : Growth of abnormal cells may occur when the body refuses to break down toxins contained in alcohol.
3. Cardiovascular problems such as high blood pressure
4. Pancreatitis : Pancreas aids in breaking down food however in chronic alcoholism there might be cases of inflammation of the pancreas known as pancreatitis.
5. Mental illness : Alcohol is a depressant hence taking it can further tamper with your head and reasoning.