Mango is one of the indehiscent fruits;fruits whose seeds don’t spilt when dried. The mango season is upon us and no doubt many of us must have seen this juicy succulent yellow fruit being sold across the streets of every major Nigerian city.
5 reasons you should take more mangoes in 2021
Now before you ignore the topic of discuss and spend your money on something else, here are 5 reasons why your money will be better spent on a mango than any other fruits.
1. It Helps to Prevent Cancer: Mangoes are fruits which contained antioxidant compounds which have been found to protect the body against cancer. Some of the compounds include quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methylgallat, as well as the abundant enzymes.
2. Mango Lowers Cholesterol: The high levels of soluble fiber, pectin and vitamin C help to lower blood level of cholesterol, especially the Low-Density Lipoprotein which is the bad one.
3. It has high iron content: Since Mango is rich in iron, hence it is a great natural solution for people suffering from anaemia. Also, Menopausal and pregnant women can take mangoes as this will increase their iron levels and calcium at the same time.
4. Mango is a Fertility booster: Mangoes are excellent for women trying to get pregnant as they provide folic acid, an essential vitamin which is necessary for fertility.
5. It boosts eye Health: Mangoes contain vitamin A, which aids good eyesight and prevents night blindness as well as dry eye.
6. Mangoes help in control of blood sugar level: Mango fruit have a relatively low glycaemic index (41-60) such that ingestion of mango fruits will maintain your sugar level.
7. It aids Natural sex enhancer: Mangoes are great sources of vitamin E since Vitamin E has shown to increase libido and stamina.
8. Mangoes improve Digestion: Mangoes are one of the many fruits which contain enzymes needed for breaking down protein. The fibre in mangoes ease digestion and elimination.
9. It Alkalizes the Whole Body: The tartaric acid, malic acid, and a trace of citric acid found in the fruit help to maintain the body’s pH levels via its alkalizing effect.
Like,Comment and share…
You can like,post and comment
Updated:30th of March,2021
No part of this article may be edited,copied without the permission of the author