Miscarriages also known as spontaneous abortions occur as a result of genetic disorders or abnormalities in the foetus
What does miscarriage means?
This refer to lost of foetus which result in bleeding of the expectant (pregnant woman).
Gene-related miscarriages can’t actually be prevented. Nevertheless, a few miscarriages are as a result of activities we engage in or meals we consume.
Below are some important tips that may help to prevent miscarriage during conception:
1. Eat healthy meals/balanced diet: A good and balanced diet provide necessary nourishment/ and supplements to the body.
The body needs to be well nourished in order to attain efficient and normal metabolic processes. Balanced diet keeps the baby healthy and well
2. Regular exercise:
Exercise helps to keep the body in good shape and form. In conception, exercise should be done regularly as it helps to keep the mother strong, healthy and fit.
3. Folic acid: This contribute to formation of the neural tube. It is very important as it helps prevent some major birth defects of the baby’s brain(anencephaly) and spine( spina bifida).
Ensure to take at least, 400mg of folic acid every day starting from 1-2 months before conception.
4. Reduced consumption of Alcohol/caffeinated beverages: During pregnancy, alcohol consumption can lead to fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS).
This includes mental and physical birth defects and retarded growth depending on the mother’s level of alcohol intake during pregnancy.
5. Ensure to keep your abdomen safe during pregnancy. Do not engage in activities that are prone to sustaining injuries
6. Do not walk in areas exposed to radiations such as X-rays, infrared rays, electromagnetic radiations, etc.
Ensure to visit your health care provider so as to ascertain the causes of your miscarriages and to check for underlying health conditions before taking any medications.
Also, make sure you register for antenatal care to improve your chances of healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
You can like,post and comment
Updated on 29th of May,2021
No part of this article may be edited,copied without the permission of the author