Benefits of Eating Colorful Vegetables
- RED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
BENEFITS OF EATING RED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Red color in most fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants that reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- They lower the risk of developing different types of cancer, including prostate cancer and protect against heart diseases and improve brain function.
- GREEN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber, folate, potassium and vitamins A, C, E and K. Some of the key phytonutrients in green produce are isothiocyanate, lutein, zeaxanthin, isoflavones and EGCG.
- They support arterial function and cell, lung and vision health.
- WHITE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
BENEFITS OF EATING WHITE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- White fruits and vegetables contain nutrients known to lower the level of bad cholesterol in your body as well as lower high blood pressure
- They also have a great immune boosting effect on your body.
- Nutrients found in white fruits and vegetables minimize the risk of colon, prostate and breast cancer as well.
- YELLOW AND ORANGE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Yellow and orange fruits and vegetables includes Apricots, Butternut squash, Cantaloupe, Cape Gooseberries, Carrots, Golden kiwifruit, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mangoes, Nectarines, Oranges, Papayas, Peaches, Pineapples, Pumpkin, Rutabagas, Sweet corn, Sweet potatoes, Tangerines, Yellow apples, Yellow beets, Yellow figs, Yellow pears, Yellow peppers
- The vegetable is high in vitamins A, B6, and C, folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium. That’s a serious nutritional power-packed veggie.
- Yellow squash is also rich in manganese. This mineral helps to boost bone strength and helps the body’s ability to process fats and carbohydrates.
No part of this article may be edited,copied without the permission of the author