Yellow fever is a viral infection common in Africa and South America, its spread by the bite of a particular mosquito.
Here are some facts you should know about yellow fever
2.symptoms include fever, headache , vomiting etc.
3. Jaundice (yellowing of skin), Slow heart rate and bleeding could be a severe sign of yellow fever
4. Severe forms of yellow fever could lead to death
5. There is no treatment for yellow fever however vaccines can protect you
6. A single dose of yellow fever vaccine can protect you for 10 years
7. There are 48 confirmed cases of yellow fever in Nigeria including the following states ;
Enugu, Ekiti,Ebonyi, Bauchi,Benue,Delta and Oyo
As there’s no cure for yellow fever, it is advisable we stay safe and healthy in our respective environment. Thanks for reading.
No part of this article may be edited,copied without the permission of the author