National Eat Your Vegetables Day, 2020
Every June 17th has been set aside as National Eat your Vegetables day, so whether you are a lover of vegetables, a vegetarian or you don’t love vegetables at all this is for you to have fun with a couple of vegetables.
As side from today, it is very important to include vegetables in your meal. so why not change your mind from making your meal look boring and give it a pop of color. As they say, nature is beautiful so why not let the beauty of nature lead you to place of healthy diet. Often overlooked as simply a side to a meal, vegetables are food’s thankless heroes. They add an array of colors and textures to brighten any plate, elevating the most simple presentation.
Vegetables can be consumed in so many ways, they could either be eaten in their raw form, served as salads in form of side dishes or even consumed as soup. Whatever form your vegetable is consumed does not really matter. All that mater is that it is consumed.
Benefits of Eating Colorful Vegetables
There are so many benefits attached to eating colorful vegetables aside from the beautiful presentation style it adds to your meal.
- RED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Nutrition research shows that red and bright pink fruits and vegetables contain phytochemicals, such as lycopene and anthocyanins. Phytochemicals, substances found only in plants, help your body fight disease and promote good health. Examples of red vegetables includes Beets, Blood oranges, Cherries, Cranberries, Guava, Papaya, Pink grapefruit, Pink/Red grapefruit,Raspberries, Red apples, Red bell peppers, Red chili peppers, Red grapes, Red onions, Red pears, Red peppers, Strawberries, Tomatoes, and Watermelon.
BENEFITS OF EATING RED FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Red color in most fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants that reduce the risk of developing atherosclerosis, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- They lower the risk of developing different types of cancer, including prostate cancer and protect against heart diseases and improve brain function.
- GREEN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Green fruits and vegetables include spinach,broccoli,asparagus,peas,avocado,green apples,green grapes,limes.
BENEFITS OF EATING GREEN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber, folate, potassium and vitamins A, C, E and K. Some of the key phytonutrients in green produce are isothiocyanate, lutein, zeaxanthin, isoflavones and EGCG.
- They support arterial function and cell, lung and vision health.
- WHITE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
White fruits and vegetables includes Bananas, Brown pears, Cauliflower, Dates, Garlic, Ginger,Kohlrabi, Mushrooms, Onions, Parsnips, Potatoes, Shallots, Turnips, White Corn, White nectarines, and White peaches
BENEFITS OF EATING WHITE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- White fruits and vegetables contain nutrients known to lower the level of bad cholesterol in your body as well as lower high blood pressure
- They also have a great immune boosting effect on your body.
- Nutrients found in white fruits and vegetables minimize the risk of colon, prostate and breast cancer as well.
- YELLOW AND ORANGE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
Yellow and orange fruits and vegetables includes Apricots, Butternut squash, Cantaloupe, Cape Gooseberries, Carrots, Golden kiwifruit, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mangoes, Nectarines, Oranges, Papayas, Peaches, Pineapples, Pumpkin, Rutabagas, Sweet corn, Sweet potatoes, Tangerines, Yellow apples, Yellow beets, Yellow figs, Yellow pears, Yellow peppers
BENEFITS OF EATING YELLOW AND ORANGE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- The vegetable is high in vitamins A, B6, and C, folate, magnesium, fiber, riboflavin, phosphorus, and potassium. That’s a serious nutritional power-packed veggie.
- Yellow squash is also rich in manganese. This mineral helps to boost bone strength and helps the body’s ability to process fats and carbohydrates.
Let the fresh fruits and vegetables be your guide, and make something that will keep for the whole week.They say that vegetable food is not sufficiently nutritious. But chemistry proves the contrary. So does physiology. So does experience.Remember, the largest and strongest animals in the world are those which eat no flesh-food of any kind – the elephant and the rhinoceros. Therefore, this should be a motivation to us all that we should not only eat vegetables today, but we should make it our lifestyle. Once again,Happy National Eat Vegetables Day to you all.
You can like,post and comment
No part of this article may be edited,copied without the permission of the author